The Association of Canadian Women Composers/Association des femmes compositeurs canadiennes is seeking submissions from composers who identify as women and gender minorities to be featured in a concert taking place in Toronto in partnership with the Canadian Music Centre.
Inspired by the theme of “Building Up”, the concert and rehearsal process is entirely organized, performed, and produced by women identifying composers, organizers, technicians, and performers. It celebrates how we as composers and creators support other women in our work. The concert will be held on July 17, 2020 at the Canadian Music Centre (Toronto).
- Submitted pieces may have been previously performed
- Existing and proposed pieces should be written for the following ensemble, or a subset of the following instruments: flute, bass clarinet doubling alto saxophone, piano, and percussion
- Pieces can include electronics and/or improvisation
- There is no restriction on duration
- For existing works, please submit a score and recording (if applicable)
- For proposals of new works, please include a short description (approx. 100 words) outlining what you would like to do as well as an existing sample of your work
- This call is open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Membership with the ACWC/AFCC is required, but composers may join upon their work being selected for performance.
While the concert will take place in Toronto, composers from across the country are encouraged to submit works and proposals. Although we cannot offer financial support for travel and accommodation, we can provide a letter of support to assist in applying for travel funding.
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2020 (11:59pm PST)
Find the submission here.
Any questions? Contact us with any questions you have!